Yea, we did it! Henry is one month old! This is a bit late (Really he is 5.5 weeks old), but we were in CT all last week and (new) mommy forgot his one month sticker!!! Here are a few highlights for this little baby we love and adore:
- Henry went from 5lbs 12oz when we left the hospital to 8lbs 4oz! (Tonight we get an updated weight!)
- He just moved from newborn size to his vast collection of 0-3 months clothes!
- Mommy and daddy are TRYING to cope with the ever changing sleep patterns; 2 hours between feeds, then 3 1/2 hours between feeds....then back to 2 hours?! We'll even out eventually (*I HOPE)!
- Henry has been to Queens, Manhattan and Brooklyn...all in one day!
- He met ALL 13 of his cousins last week!
- Puppy brother Lambeau is slowly accepting him as part of the family...no licking yet, but he certainly checks on him and naps nearby.
- He is finally getting used to baths....he was NOT a fan at first.
- We read to him a lot...he often looks at the books with interest...unless he is falling asleep. Current favorites are Goodnight Moon, Little Lion (From the Central Park Zoo), and a pattern book with no words.
- I have finally been cleared to walk with him, and Henry has become more and more comfortable in his BOB stroller.
- He loves his Rock and Play. Plain and simple, that thing is a Godsend (Yes mom and Kate, you told me so).
- Henry is a great baby; he doesn't often cry unless something is wrong that we can fix.
We love this little guy so much. Despite all the tough stuff (recovery, sleep deprivation, etc), he is 100% worth it!
Happy One Month Little Lion Man!
He was really excited about being a month old!