Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Blue Day

So this is the second time I writing this post; it got deleted the first time. Further confirming the title: The Blue Day.

Back to school to prove to dad that I'm to a fool. Today was the first day back to school, which is always filled with excitement, anticipation, and change. I don't like change. In fact, we're sworn enemies. We've tried to call a truce once or twice, but every time we do...something changes. Change can't be trusted ;-) I had some changes in my schedule today and I was stressed. I got heart burn. I had 7 miles to run. ON THE TREADY. It was pouring rain and there was no chance for an outdoor run, or going to the US Open, which Mr. Miller and I had tickets for. The Blue Day continued.
Rain rain go away. This is me soaking wet. I had a 7 mile run on the agenda, and being a 1/4 of a mile from the gym, I opted to get soaked and run there versus hiding under an umbrella, ella ella eh eh. Hey, round trip it's a 1/2 mile I don't have to be in Planet Fitness = yes please. When I got there, so many things continued The Blue Day:
- I had to wear my plan b headphones; Mr. Miller grabbed mine this morning. Change. What's up.
- I couldn't read my People Magazine because my treadmill was shaking too much.
- My foot cramped so I had to retie my shoes. I paused the tready, which decided to completely reset. Nice. 2 miles in.
- A nice gentlemen decided that, out of the 25 treadies available, the one right next to me seemed the best. SPACE. INVADER. Staring, unnatural arm pumping. Oh, and hey, there's his friend on the other side of me, and they're talking over me. I felt like I was on a hidden camera.
- Someone decided to wear some GREAT shoes to run on the treadmill, because they were squeaking nonstop. I mean, I had my iPod on full blast and all I could hear was "Squeak squeak squeak". Nails on a chalk board. Chills up my spine. I wanted to scream. Or cry.
- After another two miles, I decided to switch treadies because my gait was way off. I felt super uncomfortable. I know I haven't used a tready in a month, but come on feet. Get it together (They don't like change either, even if they've done it before).
- The stress from work should have affected my run in a good way; alas, it affected it in a negative way.

The Blue Day Book. Have you read it? I love it. I could not find an acceptable picture, but I'll write what these pages say:
"Maybe work is a pain in the butt. You're under Major pressure to fill someone else's shoes."

Moving on. The Blue Day can happen to anyone, anytime, anywhere. Today, it happened to me. I'm choosing to move on. The contradictions to The Blue Day are as follows:

- I ran 7 miles.
- I read The Blue Day Book.
- I love the people I work with.
- I love my husband and family.
- God is good no matter what. I'm healthy, happy, and blessed.
- My countdown to the NYC Marathon is approaching the 50's.

60 days until the ING NYC Marathon!!!

No comments: