Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Comeback

Get ready...the long awaited summer release of...

The Fitness Comeback

The 40 Greatest Dog GIFs Of All Time



This weekend was a good weekend, but today was a great day. This weekend (Let's include Thursday in the "weekend) I got to go to two Nike events, hang out with a group from my church at an overnight camp upstate, and watched Miley Cyrus make me feel uncomfortable Breaking Bad.

Today? Today, I got the official okay for any and all physical activity. 

Confession: This weekend was also great because I went for a 35 minute run. One of my favorite things to do when I visit a new place is to lace up and run. I was wallowing in whether or not to test the waters by running. Since I knew a lake would not be the most "hygienic" for my healing toe, I decided my own sweat would be nothing more than what they got from regular walking...oh the things us runners convince ourselves of! It was magical. No phone. No watch. It hurt. I got a cramp 5 minutes in. I walked two times. Nature was everywhere. I. LOVED. IT.


This is what it looked like, sans walkway. There was a dirt path...very Hunger Games/Twilight.

Yesterday, I heard the magical words from my doctor: You're cleared for all activity (Including painting my toe nail...I'm vain. So what.). How does one respond to this after three weeks of inactivity? Well, if you're me, you run 4 miles with your running partner, go to the HARDEST NTC workout to date, then wake up today and recover with a 1,000m swim.

I LOVE ME NEW ATHLETA TANKINI! It revolutionized my swimming experience.

Hi. I'm Kristin. I'm running on fitness endorphins. I love it. It feels amazing to be back at it, and I don't care if I'm sore. With school starting next Tuesday, I need the stress relief of exercise now more than ever!!! I feel like I'm in a "Last Chance Summer Workout". I'm ready for it!

How about you? Do you like exploring new places by running? Did you, your kids, your niece etc start school yet?

No comments: