Thursday, May 19, 2011

Running with a heavy heart

Training has been successful this week. Although this is a highlight, I've had a lowlight to deal with.

A friend from college and her two month old daughter passed away this week. I was stunned. Life is so fragile, yet so beautiful. After a lot of prayer and contemplation, I feel even more determined to make a difference during this marathon path I'm on. I need to live life to the FULLEST. I need to stay up late some nights to enjoy my family. I need to put in the extra training so I feel confident and prepared for my race. I need to cherish each and everyday. I need to gather people to help make a difference in the lives of children around the world.

Praying continually for the family dealing with this severe loss.

I care. And so I run.

1 comment:

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend and her baby. It's times like these that we learn to appreciate everything that we have as it can be gone in an instant.