Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mondays can be hard

Lambeau Puppy's latest hobby...sleeping in under the covers. He leads quite the life...

We've all thought it: I just don't want to work out today. Since school started, I've been battling some serious exhaustion. Like, I slept 12 hours straight Friday night exhausted. This weekend, I applauded my friends running half marathons, high double digit runs, and overall kicking asphalt. Me? I PR'd in movie watching, light house cleaning, brunching, and football watching (GO PACKERS!). I'm so thankful to be healthy and able to be active, but sometimes, life happens. Life can be hard. Life can be TIRING. 

Hmmmm. Sometimes I agree with this, other days I don't. Smart rest vs. suck it up to get endorphins... Via

Monday, I was TIRED. I had to go to the chiropractor after work, and really wasn't feeling my 4 mile run to  a Nike Training Club workout. Thankfully, my running partner was joining me, so I got dressed. Getting your foot out the door isn't the hardest part. It's getting dressed THEN getting your foot out the door. I took it easy on this run. I knew I was tired, and getting frustrated at my fatigue was not a battle I wanted to fight. I ran at an easy pace, chatted with my partner, and made it to Niketown for NTC. 

When I got there, I REALLY wasn't in the mood to work out. Then, something fantastic happened: friends showed up. Along with Mr. Miller and my running partner Ms. Bailey, there were three newbies, three old timers, and I was thrilled to see their faces. There's something amazing about knowing you're not sweating alone. Will led us in a tough work out, but I tried my best. It was a great way to relieve my stress from work and break a great sweat. I am so glad I stuck it out and went. 

NTC fearless crew after dark; picture stolen from Will! Vampires everywhere!

Sometimes, Mondays aren't so bad. Granted, I barely made it through dinner Monday night...and we slept through the alarm this morning...but hey, I made it through and was smiling at the end. Sometimes, I need a good sweat. Other times, I need a glass of wine and some Law and Order SVU. Knowing the difference, what your body is ready for, makes all the difference.

This could be said for any day....it's hard, but it's okay! Via

How about you? Do you take a day off when you feel like you need it? Do you sweat through exhaustion? What's your go to rest day treat?Do you watch Breaking Bad? (This has nothing to do with this post...I just can't stop thinking about it...) TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!

No comments: