Saturday, November 20, 2010

I started this week off strong


Can't. Wait. Despite. Rain. In. The. Forecast! Haha well that's not optimal racing conditions but I'll take it.

Week in Retrospect:
Sunday: 5.5 miles
Monday: 4 miles on the elliptical
Tuesday: Weight training
Wednesday: 3 miles on the treadmill that felt like CRAP
Thursday: scratchy throat/feeling nauseous from said scratchy throat. Double up on nasal spray.
Friday: Yoga at Yoga Club. Scratchy throat still present, but not gone :-(
Saturday: Rest day (supposedly)

So the first half of the week started out wicked strong, but now it's not looking so hot. I'm not feeling 100% which is unfortunate, and any sort of exercise that requires aerobic breathing is really uncomfortable. I feel the nasal spray is working but I don't want to push myself. Plus we had a fabulous fall festive party last night with some friends and I feel like chilling out today.

Tomorrow will be another story.

It's Thanksgiving week so I'm going to be on my A-game workout wise, no matter how I feel. It's not a week to complain about how much I ate or how I feel "fat", but rather to give thanks. I read this article about eating and exercising around the holidays, and it was a great reminder of a few things I already have put in to practice throughout the years:

  • Eat breakfast on Thanksgiving - starvation leads to overeating, I go with cheerios and a banana.
  • Walk after eating a big meal - I do this every year, rain or shine, after the turkey!
  • Cross train/speed work - burns more calories (I usually torture myself with 2+ miles of hills!)

In my Yoga Club (with 4th and 5th graders), we talked about doing three things this next week to show that we are thankful for good health. We decided on:
  1. Walk for 20 minutes Thanksgiving Day, or play at the park in the morning or afternoon.
  2. Take food in little portions, go back for more if you're still hungry.
  3. Practice some Yoga everyday.

What are you going to do this week of Thanksgiving?

1 comment:

KatelynWaite said...

I plan on eating LOTS!!!!!!!!!!