Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sweet Caroline....

Oh oh oh...Good times never seemed so good...

so good So Good SO GOOD!

Manchester Road Race and Thanksgiving SUCCESS! I'm so thankful for my family, we had 27 people together to eat, drink, and be merry! Everything was a little too yummy, but we all had a great time. Now, the Manchester Road Race Review!

Time: 48:19/10:11 pace

Highlights: 15,000 person cap, live bands playing "Sweet Caroline", bagpipers, and full on sound systems blaring the Rocky Theme. Crowd support is UNREAL. THOUSANDS of people line the streets. There is never quiet during this race!!! Also, running it with the love of my life was fun beyond fun! GOOD JOB HONEY!

Lowlights: The runners were SLOW. I'm going to try to qualify for seeding next year. 11:00/miles at the beginning because of the congestion combined with slow runners!!! However, that's what comes with the territory of a HUGE race in two lanes of road!!!

Verdict: LOVED IT as always, will totally do it again, and my next goal is to qualify for a pass into the "faster runners" corral! Congrats to all my friends and family who ran!!! Great job to all!!!

Thanksgiving was nice and smooth. Nothing crazy. This cold is hanging on for dear life, so lots of moping.

Thanksgiving Weekend Workout Review:
Thursday: 4.8 mile race, 20 minute walk (uphill) after Thanksgiving dinner!
Friday: Raining, cold, and no gym = shopping to burn calories ;-)
Saturday: 3.25 mies of STRAIGHT UP HILLS.
Sunday: 4 miles on the elliptical at levels 3, 4, and 5.

Little disappointed that I didn't do more today, but it's all I could stand. Still can't breath well. Looks like this week will be weights focused rather than cardio since coughing up a lung in the gym just isn't cool.

December, here I come.

On to the next one. On to the next one.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad our Thanksgiving 5K is not timed. It is truly a cluster with walkers and slow, slow runners and no corrals, but so much fun to see everyone out.

Send me some motivation!