NYC has adopted a new criteria for tenure; you are no longer nominated and approved based on your observations by a principal that knows you. You have to prove with data, graphs, student work, and reflection how you've helped students grow. Then I have to combine it into a beautiful binder and ship it off to a superintendent who has never met me, and probably never will. I hope she likes it. Since this is the first year of this new method, I obviously didn't know I should keep 3-4 years of student work in a stock pile. Oops.
Insert stress here.
So, here is a list of things I haven't done this week:
- I haven't looked at a marathon countdown. I will do that in two minutes at the conclusion of this blog entry and then promptly freak out.
- I haven't run all my training runs; I've literally done one 4.5 mile run this week. I did 16 miles last Friday. A personal distance record. Am I proud? Well, the run sucked. But I finished.
- I haven't cooked in 4 days.
- I haven't done the dishes in 4 days.
- I haven't blogged in for.ev.er.
- I haven't talked to my family in a week.
- I haven't thought about the vacation I've been planning for February break in a week.
- I haven't read any runner's blog except Ali's because she is running the Hampton's Marathon this weekend! HER FIRST! Go Ali. She's an inspiration.
- I haven't been a good wife with house work.
- I haven't been a good friend with "Hey what's up" text and phone calls.
- I haven't gotten more than 6 hours of sleep in the past week. A no-no in Mrs. Miller's world of 8 solid hours every. night.
- I haven't been able to sleep well past 4am. I wake up intermittently with anxiety.
- I haven't read my Bible. A friend posted a Bible verse on Facebook just as I was calling it a night last night (1am) and it was my FAVORITE verse of all time. Needed that. Thanks.
- I haven't worked less than a 12 hour day this week.
Oh. My. Gosh.
43 days until the ING NYC Marathon.