Thursday, April 17, 2014

My Shower!!!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I am blessed by the family and friends I have. When we were telling our closest friends that we were pregnant, we decided to invite them over for football. Brian made a toast at half time basically saying "Let's toast to a Packers comeback, and to all of you becoming aunts and uncles in June!" This revelation was followed by shrieks, shouts, hugs, and (male) tears from our amazing NYC family. Within ten minutes the conversation turned to "WE'RE THROWING YOUR SHOWER!" and Mrs. Anders, Mrs. Gilbert and Mrs. Gray began planning immediately. I can only imagine the reply to all emails that ensued! On April 5, I got to enjoy a beautiful party with my beautiful friends and family. I am so thankful for their encouragement, generosity, and support during this exciting time! Henry's impending arrival is made all the more special by their part in it. Here are a few photos of the day:

 The food and decor were ADORABLE!

 Cannolis, cupcakes, and minis cheesecakes!

 My family from L-R: Niece number 1, sister number 2, sister number 1, me, mom, niece number 2

 My hostesses with the mostestess!

 My two oldest friends in NYC: Myssi for seven years, Amanda from six years!

 Henry's name was a focal point for the decor!

 Packers inspired gifts! Baby cheesehead and baby overalls...Mr. Miller has the grown up sized of BOTH! (Much to my chagrin) 

 We played "Who knows Kristin Best" and used customized Baby Henry pencils! I used to get these as a kid, I love them!

All the ladies together! We had a great time!

Thank you especially to my hosts, it was a truly memorable day. 
I am still overwhelmed when I think of it!

How about you? What is your favorite shower game? Do you have a signature gift? What's your favorite party food? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

No comments: