Saturday, May 24, 2014

Week 36 Update

Well, that was a busy two weeks! Things have been rocking and rolling over here. We took our birthing class, set up most of the nursery corner, and have organized organized ORGANIZED! It's becoming absolutely real, and thankfully my excitement is competing with my anxiety/fears. We're getting to the point where we just want to meet him! So, here's what's been going on lately.

Energy level: I'm still sleeping through the night (With a bathroom break or two, but going right back to sleep)! I experienced one night where I had six charlie horses (humidity is my kryptonite), but other than that, I'm waking up feeling rested and ready to tackle the day. Around 11am I start to get a little tired, but nothing to complain about. By 3pm, my swelling has begun and my legs/feet are pretty uncomfortable. My wedding rings still fit, but I get nervous that I will swell up and they'll get stuck, so they're remaining at home from now on. (It happened to a friend...) Since I am on my feet constantly and am experiencing very sore feet/legs at night, my last day will be this Friday. EEK. So insane to say, but I have four teaching days left, and then I will be a SAHM for the next 16 months


My 4th grade class wrote me the most beautiful card! The classroom teacher was nervous I would somehow go early, so she made sure they gave it to me! So cute. There were tears.

Exercise: I have stopped running. Last Monday I joined my coworker for a walk run and it went really well. My legs and feet felt heavy, but I blame the humidity. After that, my bladder seemed to have caught on to the fact that Henry will be joining us soon, and I can barely do anything without needing to rush to a bathroom. Case and point: walking ten minutes to the subway causes anxiety because I need to make a bathroom stop. I have a bladder of steel (I slept seven straight hours as recently as two weeks ago), but suddenly things are NOT so spacious! I am completely okay with this. I gave it my best shot, and I continue to walk as much as I can everyday. I am continuing my yoga practice and some light plyo work (Squats, lunges etc). 


 We went to the park for a nice hilly walk before sun tanning on a GORGEOUS weekday afternoon. This fab Target maternity suit is helping me even out some tan lines!!!


Somebody was happy as could be in his favorite spot. Love this puppy.

Cravings: SMOOTHIES! Finally, something HEALTHY! I have had a smoothie every morning for breakfast for the past two weeks. When Mr. Miller asked me if I was making an egg sandwich (A normal breakfast for me), I said "I'm over egg sandwiches! Smoothies from now on!" I've also been enjoying Cinnamon Life. It's a favorite cereal from childhood, and it was on sale...so I bought four boxes. I'm on my last box and am panicking. Must. Make. It. Last!


My usual smoothie includes: spinach, a banana, frozen strawberries, plain greek yogurt, almond butter, and almond milk.I've also been enjoying making my own greek yogurt with fresh fruit and chia seeds. Once you mix the seeds in, you can't tell they're there!

Weight gain: 33lbs. WHOA. I'm playing catch up?! 5lbs in two weeks. I don't feel much bigger, but that whole "You stop gaining weight at the end" is not reality for me! I'll try to not blame it on not running. (Disclaimer: I did weigh myself this past Friday, which was 36.5 weeks....uh...yea. I'll find solace in that!)


I was in a subway car all by myself for three stops. It was my dream to do it, but I didn't realize how scary it would feel! I survived and have a selfie to show for it.

Mental status: The "your life is going to change forever" is starting to set in. I've known this since we started talking about having kids, and my older brother has said to me a million times "Wait till you have kids..." (Jaime, it's coming!). I had the opportunity to hang out with some amazing girlfriends this week, and every time I left a super fun gathering I got a sense of finality, like "Things are changing". I was texting with my friend about it last night and she was feeling the same way; I'm having a baby, another friend in our group is moving in August, things will never be the same. Change is good, but I don't cope with change well. Thankfully, I know my friends aren't going anywhere, but the drop everything for bottomless brunch or staying out late have come to an end. Leaving work is also affecting me emotionally. Everyone is envious and happy for me, but leaving my school which has been my work place for six years is definitely a huge shift for me. These are changes I am more than happy to make, but hormonal realities are always more dramatic! 


 Runner happy hour!!!
Dinner with my girls!

Best Advice: a nurse can check your car seat. My neighbor is an engineer with the fire department, so I asked if they do car seat checks. He told me that nurses do them, and my other neighbor is a nurse! SCORE! Henry's car seat will be installed tomorrow and be ready for his baby body to take its inaugural ride! 

How about you? Have you ever reached a point, whether by injury or pregnancy, where you had to stop running? Have any fun plans Memorial Day weekend? Tell me about it!

No comments: