Monday, April 6, 2009

1/2 Marathon Week 7

Is it week 7? I think so! Since being sick, running has been interesting, so instead of sticking to my chart and running 12 miles Sunday I ran 10 miles (This is progress for me, since I'm so competitive with myself!!!). PLUS it was a BEAUTIFUL day outside, meaning I WANTED to be outside getting tan lines! Wahoo! But I made a big mistake by wearing my new shoes, thinking 10 miles would break them in, instead of realizing that shorter runs might be better to break in BRAND NEW SHOES! HA! So, needless to say, I had to stop three times and massage my NUMB toes! (The shoes just need to mold to my feet, same thing happened when I had this same pair before)

Dog of the Day - Spotted: 72nd Central Park East a HUGE Great Dane! I should bring my camera phone to take pictures of the dog of the day. Every Sunday there will be a dog of the day, just so you know. (When I go on long runs I go into Manhattan in Central Park, and those people have the coolest dogs! In Queens, it's a lot of small dogs like Yorkshire Terriers or Chiuaua's etc.)

Question: When will I ever feel like a real runner? I still don't. I look at other runners and I'm like, "Man, I wish I could run that fast," or "I wish I was toned like that," Sigh. Anyone feel me out there?

It's Monday. We have Faculty Conference, meaning I'll be here till 3:45 instead of 3:07 today. BLECH. Can't wait to eat my wine sauce I made last night!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I bet you really do look like a runner! What shoes did you get I really need new running shoes mine have taken on a few too may miles.