Friday, July 29, 2011

100 Days...

Until my MARATHON! EEK! While doing some hills yesterday morning, I got a glimpse of a beautiful site as I rounded the bend:
Hellsgate Bridge, Astoria Park
Then in the afternoon I went to FREE yoga at Bryant Park in Manhattan! So fun! (I took it easy because I had done yoga the day before, and my knee was not appreciating the extra work!)

Thoughts 100 days out:
  • Will I finish under 5 hours?!
  • Will I have to walk a lot?!
  • What will the weather be like in UNPREDICTABLE November?!
  • Will I have a black toe nail?!
Alrighty, enough of that wallowing.

I'm running a marathon!!!

Weighed in this morning and to my pleasant surprise, another loss!

Weigh in: Down 2.5lbs this week.
3 week total: down 6.5lbs!

Now I know it's because I'm eating very "earthy" (Anything that comes from the earth), but I've also been MEASURING things, and keeping a food diary. My new bff is MyFitnessPal. It's an app/website that has a food diary to log, but also looks up foods and gives you calorie counts. It also has lists brands for calorie counts, such as my Trader Joe's Orange Mandarin Chicken, or Starbucks black tea lemonade. So, here's a day in the life of a calorie counter:

Breakfast: 1 1/2 cups of steel cut oats, 1 cup of blueberries: 309 calories
Lunch: 4 ounces of lunch meat chicken breast, one slice of provolone cheese, 1/4 cup diced red pepper, lettuce, salad dressing: 281 calories
Dinner: 3/4 cup of rice, balsamic chicken with spinach and white beans: 4o0 calories
Snacks: Plum: 40 calories
Sesame Melba Toast: 30 calories
Apple butter: 30 calories
Mini ice cream sandwich: 110 calories

Total calories: 1200

Now, that's a lot of food. 1200 calories doesn't seem like a lot, but it is. I can go up to 1400, especially on days that I'm working out a lot, but my long run is only up to 6 miles (But jumps to 8 TOMORROW!). As I train, my calories are going to go up; however, I needed to do a cleansing. I feel 100% great; lighter, clothes aren't as tight, and healthier in general. I was eating like I was burning tons of calories a day, when at this point I'm really only burning 300 calories or so. You need to cut out 500 calories a day (3,500 a week) to lose one pound, and it's a lot of work. I'm really excited to see this change and look forward to continuing a healthy lifestyle on my to the....

ING NYC MARATHON...in 100 DAYS!!!

No comments: