Weekly Workouts: 16 Weeks Postpartum
- Sunday: 5 MILE RUN! Furthest run postpartum. Henry had awoken bright and cheery at 5am, so I decided to "start our day": feed him, play with him, and then put him down for a nap. He was tired within an hour, and went right back to sleep. I decided not to go back to sleep and go for a run! I had wanted to run 5 miles, and I did it. I was SO happy.
No jogging stroller was a nice boost for this Postpartum PDR!
As close to a sunrise run as I'll get for a while!
- Monday: Rest day. I had a baby fighting a nap. NOT. GOOD.
- Tuesday: Fitzala workout! Three circuits, and each move had a number of reps. I like counting down so it was a great workout!!!
- Wednesday: Two mile walk. Starting to feel sick. In total denial.
- Thursday: Fitzala workout in the morning, about two miles of walking in the afternoon. By 6pm I was SICK.
- Friday: Rest day. SICK.
- Saturday: Rest day. SICK.
- Sunday: Rest day, kind of feeling on the mend.
I'm kind of sad that I crashed and burned after a great start to the week. I'm excited to get out there and get some decent weekly mileage happening. Now that Henry is going to bed a bit earlier these days, I'm considering taking up night running. Stay tuned!
How about you? Are you in the taper?! Have you found yourself with a seasonal cold yet? Do you stick to running at one time of day? TELL ME ABOUT IT!