Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Postpartum workouts: Week 18...or rather, Recovery Week

Unfortunately, this post doesn't have any workouts. Between my tendinitis and my formerly (?) broken toe acting up, I decided to rest until I felt better. Easier said than done. We experienced some pretty great weather, which got us out and walking, but nothing more. However, my recovery week was made completely tolerable with some really fun events.

We went out to a wedding! I *technically* exercised by dancing...and fueling with champagne. It was the first time we left Henry with a non-family member, and mama cut loose! So thankful to my girlfriend who took the best care of Henry.


Congrats Edward and Ashley!

I went to Fitness Magazine's Fitblog NYC! I was so excited to be able to attend this event! I've wanted to go for the past couple of years, but I can't take a day off from teaching and be tweeting and Instagramming all the fun things I'm doing. Uh no. So, this year I finally got the chance! Another amazing friend watched Henry. I'm so grateful for fun opportunities AND amazing friends! So happy to have the opportunity to reconnect with or make new blog friends Here are a few fantastic details from Fitblog NYC!

There were great speakers in the morning session. Trainer Holly Rilinger talked about fitness. Two biggest takeaways: You need sleep to be healthy, and we need to do more pulling than pushing in workouts to compensate for hunching at computers.
 I'll get right on that. Especially the sleep....HAHAHAHA

We got some pretty fantastic swag! These Hokas are ITCHING to be used, I can't wait to try them out! Hint, it will be very soon, my recovery week worked!
That bag was filled with goodies from Fitness Magazine. It was filled fantastic health, beauty, yummy, and creative items, and had to weigh 30lbs! Lambeau hopped on it the second I got home to get the most coveted item: stress balls. Well played Lambeau, well played.

A great big thank you to Fitness Magazine for putting on a fantastic event! I loved hearing the speakers, enjoying yummy treats and trying out fantastic products. It was my first big "mommy" outing without leaving my baby boy with his dad, and it was well worth it.

We went on our annual Bear Mountain trip! This year I couldn't complete the hike because of our young man, so my two girlfriends stayed with me while the boys hiked. We had a great time as always!

The back of that shirt says Bear Hug. It's the best. So is he.

I'm thankful for the results of my recovery week. I decided that taking a step back was better than taking many steps back. I'm feel a lot better in week 19, and I'm hoping to go onward and upward from here!

How about you? Do you tend to exercise through injury? Have you ever dealt with an overuse injury? Have you done any fun fall excursions lately? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

No comments: