Saturday, May 9, 2009

More pictures and Running Revamp






SO here are a few more pictures from my half marathon! IT seems like forever ago and it was really just two weeks ago! My knee has been really irritating me since the half, but I'm working through it. I ran my first four miles the other day and it felt GREAT! I seriously could've gone forever, but I know I need to build back up. So this next week, now that college is finally out (MORE ABOUT THAT LATER), school is almost over, and I'm amped to run all around New York City. I'm really looking forward to summer runs EARLY in the morning, going through the park, where the BEST dogs are, and having the rest of my day to do what I want! Ah!

Next Race: I'm running a 10 k with my friend on June 7, and then I may run a half marathon in the Hamptons in September. I don't want to go too crazy with half marathons, so I think I'll try to do two a year, and build up from there. So my immediate goal is to get into better shape, increase my times, and lose my stupid 5lb winter skin!!!

So the *May*keover hasn't really happened this year, I'm not as inspired. Sigh. I want to lose 5lbs. I've been so good but somehow 5lbs have crept back up on me! Everything still fits, I just miss the comfort of the number. And I ate oreos last night. SHOOT. And maybe three today. And maybe I want one RIGHT NOW.

College is almost out for the semester, ending Tue night with finals presentations. I had to write a paper today, about 8 pages, and it was TORTURE. I picked a topic that I thought was cool, but there wasn't enough research to back it up...meaning I had no information to put in my paper! I had to tweak my topic a bit, but in the end I got what I needed to get done. I don't think it's a good paper, and it took me almost 6 hrs to write, but I think it worked out ok. Can't wait to be done with college. I'm dreading my 25 pg thesis paper I'll have to write next spring! GAH!

We have 34 school days left, I can't wait to be FREE of work so early in the morning!

Alright guys, mother's day is tomorrow! Yahoo! Hanging with my fam in CT. I've had a pretty boring day here minus a haircut break mid morning, just cut 2 inches off and added some layers, maybe I'll get a pic up! Wait and see...

Till next time.

No comments: