Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Runner's Diet


For those of you who run: You think like me probably. I run, therefore I don't have to watch what I eat as closely as I used to. WRONG!!! As I said in a previous post, despite running a lot, I've gained a few pounds from my "satisfactory" weigh in the last two months or so. I went on runnersworld.com and found this plan, and I'm going to try it out. Be sure to know: This is a lifestyle choice, not a "diet". It even says so in the article, "This is to monitor your calorie intake, it's not a guideline about what you have to eat, it's just suggestions."

Check it out!
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-304-310-7771-0,00.html

1 comment:

Melanie Van Wynsberg said...

Aye yo, it's Kevin, not Mel. Try not to be too disappointed. Anyway, if you so happen to have an iphone, I highly recommend getting the app "Lose It". It's a great way to keep track of your calories since you always have your phone. I love it. I've lost 10 pounds in the past 5 weeks. Feels a-very niiice.

It's kind of amazing how different things sneak up on you and how much it helps you to see portion control is so important. You're so right; it's a lifestyle, not a diet.

PS, you're amazing - the most I've run is a 10k... I can't imagine a half marathon. Sheesh!