1. No, I'm not training EXTRA hard. (I've run way more than this consistently)
2. No, my shoes have never been a problem. Ran a 1/2 marathon in them in April and I think they still have some miles in them.
3. Nothing happened that I can think of to cause my sudden foot handicap.
4. It hurts more when I walk then when I run.
5. I've been icing it since the pain started and taking aleve.
So, I have decided I need to be cool as a cucumber. Take the Lambeau approach to life. Instead of laying awake at night wondering if I can run a marathon, I need to believe I can do it. Instead of being sad and wanting to give up completely, I need to be proactive.
So, today I will go and get my gate analyzed at a running store. I've never done this, but it's the most positive and proactive thing I can think of to do.
Cool as a cucumber. Let's give this a try.