Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dear UXF Class, I can't move my arms: Circuit Class Edition

It was a runmute day!!! I was so excited! 4 miles home, pretty fast despite hitting every other crosswalk, and pumping music a la Mr. Miller's playlist. When I got home I was starving and tired, so I ate dinner and took a quick nap...bad move. I woke up 8 minutes before my class tonight! This is the price of doing an afternoon run on a technical two a day. Ugh.

Tonight's UXF class was circuits focusing on ARMS. My weakness. Seriously. Push ups. Pull ups. Rope waving (?), kettle bells...and this:


It finally happened! I hit the tire. Ropes and tire in one night? It's a Biggest Loser last workout dream-mare come true. It was so challenging. There were six stations and you had to keep count from station to station how many reps you did and add on, aka the circuits were a cumulative total.. It was tricky just to keep count!!! Below are my counts:

1) 230
2) 278
3) 266

I can't feel my arms!!! I don't know how I'm going to wash my hair! Ah! However, we all know that it hurts so good. I'm glad I pushed through. Fun fact: I can't jump rope to save my life. I get a good clip then I trip. Must be my clumsy ways at it again. 


Late night workout classes are tricky. I thought I'd be tired, but I get revved up once I'm there. However, I am energetic when I get home, keeping me up later than normal. Also, I am STARVING. I try to eat at 5:30pm so I don't get an upset stomach or heartburn for the 8pm class, but I end up ravenous when I get home. I talked with the trainer and, go figure, I should eat lean protein. The best I could muster this evening was two eggs with salsa and a Fage yogurt. 


Do you workout at night? Any tips or secrets to success? Do you eat before, after, or both? Do you find it hard to go to sleep? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

2 comments:

Meg O @watchmegorun said...

wowee, you are awesome lady! that seems so tough! I've been doing a lot of my runs at night recently and i get all revved up too and then end up eating dinner at like 9:30. I need to find a better way to run at night and not eat so late, but sometimes it's all I can do!

Suz and Allan said...

Very impressive! I'm with Megan-that sounds tough!