Monday, June 18, 2012

Glad Game Monday XIII

IT WAS MY LAST MONDAY OF SCHOOL WITH STUDENTS! And boy, did the 5th graders let me know it. They upped their usual shenanigans, and I just about lost my marbles. Had to do some deep breathing, and remind myself that I could choose to be GLAD instead of, well, MAD! 

So, let's throw away Monday's blah's and get GLAD with it!

I'm glad I have four full days left with students, two professional development days, and one final half day to wrap up the school year! I like countdowns. For all you teachers who blog and thought you got out late, YOU DID NOT. Next Wednesday is the light at the end of this dark, albeit tear laden, tunnel.

I'm glad I get to see E Baby2 THIS WEEKEND! Look at her super model ways!

I'm glad I get to see E Baby1 THIS WEEKEND! Look at HIS super model ways! ;-)

I'm glad I have a running buddy in my hood. Stephanie PUSHED me in a great 8 mile run Sunday with a 10:11 pace. We even conquered hills instead of avoiding them...like I wanted. I'm so proud of that pace, especially when it got a bit warm since we went midday! Truly a beautiful run, on a beautiful day, with a beautiful person!!!

I'm glad I got to see my college buddy! Ms. Shong is my senior year roommate and I love her. She left me for the midwest...God knows why!....and her visits always put a smile on my face. Lambeau puppy was SO happy to see her too! I'm also glad we met the NICEST family on the subway ride home. Turns out they live a few blocks from my school, and were a wonderful example of an awesome family in this crazy city!


I'm glad I made it out for a three mile run this morning. Despite Lambeau puppy trying to thwart it with ADORABLE snuggles and cuddles, I dragged myself out there!

I'm glad I tried a GREEN MONSTER SHAKE today...TWICE! I'm addicted! I go on tangents and tend to go through eating spurts, but seriously, this is yummy. I made a shake this morning that consisted of:
2 cups spinach
1/2 banana
2 tsp cocoa
1 tbs peanut butter
1 scoop Hammer Recoverite
1 scoop shakeology boost

Since I liked it so much, I had one for dinner!

2 cups of spinach
1/2 banana
1 tsp cocoa
1 cup of blueberries
1 scoop shakeology boost


What are YOU glad about?! Did you sleep in this weekend? Did you PDR? Did you avoid getting a sunburn? Did you eat the best meal ever?! TELL ME ABOUT IT!


138 days until the ING NYC MARATHON!!! 

No comments: