Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Week 3: Half Marathon Training Parts II, III, IV



Wednesday: Ran 3 miles and worked with weights. Ankle/foot was miraculously better so I tried it out, it was 90% great, 10% not perfect.


Thursday: Ran 3 miles and worked with weights. Didn't want to push it. Foot was still 90%.


Friday: Rested. Prepared for the long run Saturday. Cooked rice pudding, blueberry coffee cake, cleaned up the apartment...


SATURDAY!!! 11 Mile run! I ran through Central Park it was AMAZING! I purchased "running gloves", which really helped because they weren't heavy and soaked up any sweat. I also bought a "hydration belt", which I got made fun of for, but it really helped me. Yes, I looked like a scuba diver, but having the water and not having to carry a bottle was glorious. (And I saw 14 other runners with the belts on in Central Park...I counted...no lie)

I will do a second post with this week's start and snow storm escapades!

Is anyone else exercising this winter?!?! I have a great story about circuit training coming soon...all indoors...

2 comments:

Anna said...

We found a rec. center down the road that is beautiful and has an indoor track that I can run on FOR FREE!!!! I'm so excited. They also have a pool that I'm gonna take AJ for swimming lessons & if I want to sign up for any other programs, they have child care:) So excited! Great job on the 11 miles!!! Glad your ankle is feeling better!

Unknown said...

If you like using a fuelbelt you should check out www.aquajoe.com . It clips to your belt & is made to carry & dispense sports drink powders. Very cool idea.