Sunday, December 23, 2012

Back to running


I'm finally back! After the Philly marathon I clearly needed a break. The prolonged journey to the starting line of a 26.2 race, the hustle and bustle of the holidays, anniversary plans, Christmas present broadway shows, as well as some nagging hip pain, made it probable that rest would do me some good. I may be a bit slower, and my jeans may be a bit tighter, but I am finally back.

This is how I knew I was ready to get back to running:

1. I finally started getting jealous of seeing runners logging miles. At the beginning of my self imposed break, I felt nothing but love for runners I'd see in my neighborhood. I'd think, "Good for you!" Saturday, however, I saw three runners within five minutes and I thought, "I need to put my nikes on stat!" Our two hour drive to CT also solidified the desire to get out and MOVE!

2. We're in Connecticut! I always get inspired here; the open roads, the scenic views, the endless options of routes beckon me whenever I'm here. I ran 3 miles yesterday and 3.1 miles today. I felt great on both runs. However, in a Freudian slip, I only packed running shorts! Thank God for ProCompression socks!

3. The aforementioned "tighter jeans". I've reached my limit. It's time to get back to my healthy routine. Mr. Miller and I are going to try to commit to morning workouts TOGETHER. If we can pull that off, well, I'll be one happy sweater.

4. All my running clothes are clean. It's a fresh start, all my Amorites are ready and raring to go!

5. It's finally winter weather. I LOVE winter running. These past two runs have been swell because they're not a hot humid sweatfest.

How about you? Are you relishing the winter running? Are you getting stressed (spelled backwards: dessert) at the end of this holiday rush? Are you singing joy to,the world because you've been so healthy lately? TELL ME ABOUT IT!


No comments: