Friday, December 14, 2012

My heart is broken.

I am from Connecticut. The first 18 years of my life were spent in the middle of the state. I have a LOT of hometown AND home state pride. I visit often. I love my state.

I am a teacher. I work in an elementary school in NYC. I have dedicated my life to these students, to their growth, to their lives.

I am at a loss. I cannot begin to imagine what is going on in Newtown, CT. When I heard the news, I crumbled. Tears filled my eyes. I was on my lunch break at school. A place meant to be safe. A place meant to be a haven of learning. Those students. Those teachers.

I am a runner who prays. This is what I pray: God, be what you are: Comforter, Healer, Friend.

Please join me in praying for those affected by this horrible tragedy.
Post a Comment