Friday, December 14, 2012

My heart is broken.

I am from Connecticut. The first 18 years of my life were spent in the middle of the state. I have a LOT of hometown AND home state pride. I visit often. I love my state.

I am a teacher. I work in an elementary school in NYC. I have dedicated my life to these students, to their growth, to their lives.

I am at a loss. I cannot begin to imagine what is going on in Newtown, CT. When I heard the news, I crumbled. Tears filled my eyes. I was on my lunch break at school. A place meant to be safe. A place meant to be a haven of learning. Those students. Those teachers.

I am a runner who prays. This is what I pray: God, be what you are: Comforter, Healer, Friend.

Please join me in praying for those affected by this horrible tragedy.

4 comments:

Bill Fine said...

as a fellow teacher.....and a father of an amazing little 9-year old boy......there are no words for how I'm feeling right now. I always hug him and give him a kiss before I leave for my school every morning, wishing him to "have a wonderful day at school".....never EVER entertaining a thought of any horrible, random possibilities.....my heart, and all of my prayers are with the people of Newtown, CT.

We are keeping our TV off tonight. We will hug our son a little tighter and longer than usual tonight...

protometal @ clippinalong.blogspot.com said...

Bill, I do the same with my kids.

I figure if anything did happen during the day, it would be to me, not them...

Meghan said...

I had a similar experience yesterday. I was in my classroom during my prep when I heard the news, and just started crying. I cannot even imagine...

..:danielle:.. said...

words cannot describe the heartbreak...