Thursday, December 13, 2012

How to fall of the face of the earth, blogging style

Ever feel like time is, literally, passing you in the blink of an eye? Well, that seems to be my blessing and my curse lately. I've been SO busy since the Philly Marathon, I feel like I haven't had a second to BREATH! I have yet to run more than once a week since Philly. Shame. My comeback is taking a bit longer than usual, so here's a rundown on why:

How to Fall of the Face of the (running) Earth:

- Get sick at the finish line. I immediately sneezed. BOOM. cold.
- Celebrate holidays. Thanksgiving included a whole lot of sweatpants and not a lot of sweat.
My niece, nephew and I got our degrees in card shuffling & Uno over Thanksgiving weekend!

- Go to cool events that zap up your time and energy. It's all fun and games until you have to go to work the next day.

 Green Bay at Giants with sideline passes....it was a Sunday night. EXHAUSTED Monday!
Rockefeller Tree lighting...dream come true. EXHAUSTED Thursday.

- Work more. I've started working Saturday school in addition to my regular work schedule, after school (extra hour and a half a day) and Friday clubs (extra two hours on Fridays). Therefore, I'm working six days a week, including long run day.

- Your significant other plans fun things to do. Yes, this is always a blessing, never a curse, but tiring nonetheless! He surprised me with tickets to see Once, which I've been wanting to see ALL. YEAR. We even ran into a celebrity while in line to get in:

Agent Quinn from Homeland! He was simply the NICEST!

- Have a resurgence of your "cold". I currently have a nasty throat/head thing going on. We'll see how this pans out.

- MORE holidays! Getting ready for and celebrating Christmas seems to be consuming most of my free time. That and Lambeau Puppy.

"His" ornament

Any tips for getting out of this rut?! I feel stuck and I don't like it. I must do something. I know what I need to do: buck up and get moving. I'm having way too much fun "resting", aka being sedentary.

Where is the line between rest and too much rest? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

3 comments:

Beth @RxBethOnTheRun said...

Come run with ME :) That solves many problems! Anytime. Would LOVE to run together.

Suz and Allan said...

Good to see you back! You really have been crazy busy. I think it's hard to get moving during this time of the year but I'd say try knocking it out first thing in the morning might help.

Anonymous said...

I love Rupert Friend (aka Quinn) on Homeland! He was amazing in the season finale!