Saturday, February 9, 2013

Snowy run: Blizzard style!

In case you live under a rock, newsflash: The northeast experienced a BLIZZARD! Dun dun dunnnnn. We all survived, and NYC fared fairly well. Who knew the 12 inches of snow would be no big deal? Not me. However, I got a little stir crazy after walking Lambeau Puppy, who dragged me through snow drifts and giddily galloped in the fluffy white stuff. I wish I could say I was totally nonchalant, but I was totally encouraging him and laughing all the way! Ha ha ha....

Mom, I believe this snow calls for a run. Or more pictures. Pick one!

SO, I got Kim to meet me and we embarked on a SNOWY run! I began the run by saying, "Be prepared, I'm going to take a million pictures." I think I limited it to four, which is pretty impressive. Little did Kim know, this is how I felt during our run: 

My mom found ZERO photos of me in the snow as a child... traumatized...

When I arrived at my local park/happy place, I was greeted by a myriad of fabulous sights. Smiling faces, little kids in snow clothes (I want to tackle them....), children sledding, dogs frolicking, it was a joy overload today!

(Top then left to right) My track became a dog park, grown adults had a snowball fight/wrestle, and the waterfront path was plowed 2 seconds before we ran on it!


As my Instagram caption said, "6 year old my just gave me a fist bump and said, "You've still got it!" 

I've always loved the snow and this storm was no exception. Mr. Miller and I made sure we had a good time while being "snowed in"; Mr. Miller shoveled, we ordered Chinese food, watched Sky Fall, walked to enjoy an AWESOME bluegrass band, and Lambeau got to pretend he was a husky. Overall a nice weekend of relaxing and enjoying life!

 Mr. Miller shoveling, all of us ladies watching him on the security cameras!

AWESOME Bluegrass band at The Queens Kickshaw!!! 

How about you? Did you weather the storm this weekend? Were you a snow bunny as a kid? Do you have a hard time imagining us East Coasters suffering under inches of white stuff? Are you a snow runner? What did YOU do this weekend? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I think ya'll got more snow than we did here Upstate. My snowday was spent waiting all day for snow to fall, which it didn't until nearly 5pm. I've had a nice weekend regardless, watching movies (10 years, Brave) working on a puzzle, and visiting with friends. I plan on playing in the snow tomorrow :)

Jen said...

I had a great run around Central Park and loved seeing all the families playing :) I was always a snow bunny as a kid since deep snow is pretty rare in Washington State! So when it fell and we got a snow day, my sister and I would spend all day building snow forts and things.