Friday, June 13, 2008

Tim Russert







Every morning I wake up and I watch the Today show. I get about 10 minutes of the local news with my favorite Chris Semino and Ro Morrison, and then they "hand it over" to Matt, Merideth, Al and Ann. Lately, Tim Russert has been a staple, in the midst of the nominees etc, he has been on every morning. I feel like I've gotten to know him in a way. Tim Russert died today. And although I didn't know him personally, he was such a genuine and intellectual person, I can't help but feel as though the world lost a great man. I loved how he helped me understand politics, how he always represented both sides equally, so I could make informed opinions and know the truth from many points of view. I remember seeing the visible pride when he said one Thursday that he was leaving to see his son, Luke, graduate from BC this year. He gushed about how proud he was, like any other father. It seems strange, but I feel as though I get to know these people I watch on tv everyday. It is always sad to see a life cut short. He was 58. My dad is going to be 57. Let's all keep this as a reminder to let the ones in our lives know how much we truly care. I can't begin to imagine what the family is going through. I hope you all will join me in praying for his family in this tragic time.




No comments: