Monday, June 30, 2008

I GOT THE DRESS!

No no no, no pictures! I went to David's Bridal, assuming I would appease my ENTOURAGE that came with me (Mom, Kate, baby Evan, Melissa, Moriah, Lauren, Jen, Deb and Meghan...). I tried on about 12 dresses, poor April the dress consultant was working her tail off.

She brought me one last dress. I assumed I wouldn't like it but I tried it on because it was a little pretty. Oh. My. Gosh. It is beyond beautiful. Fit like a GLOVE (I cannot gain an ounce....they can only let it out a little bit!) So I guess the *May*keover is back with a vengeance! I'm feeling pretty good but it's going to be hard work around CHRISTMAS TIME with cookies! And Thanksgiving! AH! Ha ha ha.

Went for a run today and it didn't go very well. Of the 4 miles I probably walked 1/2 a mile total. I NEVER WALK. I've got some funky allergy/cold thing rocking and haven't felt well for a few days. Blah.

Can I just say that Brian is AMAZING?! He has been so calm, so understanding, and so helpful throughout this whole process. Truly he is incredible. Off to formulate a workshop! Last night of this class!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a pretty awesome consultant. Haha. I got really excited about :reading: someone and being able to see what kind of dress they would love. :) Exciting isn't it? Did you bring it home? I couldn't believe I walked out of a store with my dress. (Minor hyperventilation right????)

The Mauers said...

Hey Kristen, yea it's totally cool. I'll even post a comment with the prices, haha:) Truthfully though..we paid a lot less than she is charing currently. She only had 2 years max under her belt when we hired her and so she couldn't quite yet charge what she was worth. Right now I think her cheapest package runs in the 3K range. We paid 1700 for her. So yea, she IS amazing and a total blast to work with. She is actually charging STILL in the low range for her talent, but I know 3K is a lot:( Hope that helps...have fun planning!

P.S. You know that a link to her website and info is on my page correct? It's Leslie Gilbert Photography...just in case you hadn't realized that already.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristen, I read your blog often and I am so excited for you!!! Congrats!!!
Hey, if you need someone to do your wedding flowers, just let me know. I can send you some info if you would like.
~Sally