Friday, August 10, 2012

Football is BACK!

Last night was the Packer's first preseason game! That's right, even preseason is a celebration! Lambeau Puppy donned his jersey for the first time this season and was ready to snuggle down and watch some football. We enjoyed chicken sausages in a blanket and some Suppin Summer ale thanks to the recommendation by Kristin!

First family football photo of the year:

This is how I will be spending most of my Sundays. I got my first pair of ProCompression socks in the mail!!! I enjoyed the game in these beauties after a SPEEDY speed work session: 6x1000 at MPG. UGH. It was difficult, I didn't get started until 8:30 which was already TOO HOT! Thankfully I finished and my splits were around the mid 8:00 mark. Pretty good for slowpoke legs like mine!

You'll be seeing a lot of posts like this on Monday's for the next few football months:

Shots for touchdowns

Traveling to games (@ Panthers)


Slow cooker brats

Packers Cheerleader and I tailgating 

Watching them beat the Giants at home...this WILL happen again this year. Redemption.

A green and gold spread of champions!

A lot of Lambeau Leaping Love! (He REALLY needed a haircut here!)

Tomorrow's long run is 14 miles...with a strong chance of rain in the morning. I'm thinking I'm going to run through it, because it will also be 75 degrees. Fairly tolerable for a nicely drenched run! Would you switch it for a not so rainy day? I did that last year and was grateful for perfect weather marathon Sunday. However, I think this could be a huge boost mentally.

Do you like Football? Love it? Hate it? Enjoy the food!? Tell me about it!

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY BEFORE 11:59pm 8/13! 

85 days until the ING NYC MARATHON!!!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Seeing all your football stuff makes me soooooooo much more excited for college football to start!!! (of course, that does mean I lose a husband until January).

I've got 15 miles on my schedule for tomorrow- let's think of each other and get those miles in!! Have fun!

Meg O @watchmegorun said...

you guys are just so cute, you crazy football fans! Good luck on your 14 miler tomorrow, my dear!

Kimberly Hoban, R.D. said...

Yay for football! Although I'm a GMEN fan!!!

Definitely run in the rain! I love it during the summer because it keeps you cool and makes you feel badass! :)

Suz and Allan said...

I'm excited for football season too! Probably more excited about college than NFL but I'll be glued to the TV Thursday-Monday every week cheering on my fantasy players during the NFL games and cheering for Auburn on Saturdays.