Wednesday, March 21, 2012

1/2 Marathon Taper!

I have a half marathon in 3 days. Just saying.
I know I know, a lot of people don't believe in the half marathon taper. I, on the other hand, needed it as an allergy ridden individual. I am feeling better today, which I attribute to the unexpected rain this morning. Let's hope it washed away everything until Saturday!!!

I ran 2 miles today. I was going to go for 3, but I had a frozen yogurt date with a friend and her cutie pie little due Little C. Sadly, I forgot to take extra photos :-(

Strawberry, cookies and cream, strawberries and granola. YUM.

I'm thinking of my pre-race meal. I generally eat at home, so I'm thinking chicken with rice and beans. Maybe not beans. Maybe salad? Oh I don't know. Maybe I'll have spaghetti?! I feel very blazay about it. Mrs. Miller: RESPECT THE DISTANCE! I will. I promise.

I'm excited talking race strategy with Mrs. Gray!!! We're both super stoked to go on this 13.1 mile journey together. Her first time running it. My first time coaching it. Too good to be true! Yea! (Clap clap clap)...this is what we do when we make a decision. So sad but so true. Goals coming tomorrow.

What do you eat to fuel for a race?! Give me some ideas! TELL ME ABOUT IT!

3 Days until the 13.1NYC Half Marathon!!!
45 Days until the Pittsburgh Half Marathon!!!

2 comments:

Emily @ Journey to the Center of Manhattan said...

So ezcited for you to dominate! My pre race meal is almost always pizza :)

SanJuanRunnerGirl said...

I usually east pasta of some kind. Depending on the seriousness (just invented that word) of the race, I might have one beer too. :)

Rock it girl!