Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Allergies!

Ugh I can't even begin to explain the TORMENT I have been experiencing! I have never had allergies before, and have always been sympathetic to those who suffer, but alas, I am now a sufferer :-( I've still be running though - with cough drops and tissues! My body is fine it's just that my nose is a faucet and my throat sandpaper, so I can't use it as an excuse to not work out (Before the *May*keover I would've used it as an excuse!!!).

My appetite has been non-existent during this sickness, which some would see as a good thing. Then the though occurred to me: What if I don't take in enough calories? It's possible! I was reading up on losing "water weight" last night (http://body.aol.com/diet/weight-loss-program/lose-water-weight?icid=100214839x1202122421x1200075643) and stumbled upon your calorie intake, how much you should have etc. NOW, what I did NOT agree with was the weight calculator nor the BMI (Body Mass Index) calculator. First of all, I had that done at the gym and I was a 21 (women should be between 18-24), according to the calculator I was over 23, which goes to show you that this sort of thing can't be done on computers because it doesn't account for muscle. Hence my annoyance with the weight calculator...as a 5'2" woman, it says I should weigh 110lbs. WHAT?! Yea right. I haven't weighed that since the BEGINNING of middle school, not even at the end!!! Ha ha. The calorie story and the water weight one was great, but those calculators were odd. Although calculating how many calories you burn and you need etc were helpful.

Still testing. Sigh. I drink probably 10-12 poland spring bottles of water/day because when I test I have to speak, give directions, ask the questions, etc. So, needless to say, with barely having a voice and talking nonstop I have to get some relief! I think that may also be the appetite supressant - I'd rather drink something than eat something at this point.

In other news, I carried 8 different drinks from Dunkin Donuts today. What had started as one teacher having me pick up a coffee when I go on lunch today turned into 8! Ha it was fun though, made me remember my serving days!!! Speaking of which, I'm working Saturday at the restaurant, I totally enjoy it more when it's not my main source of income!

Brian told me about a sermon he heard Sunday up in Rochester: Everyday we should identify a challenge, a blessing, and an encouragment, to keep us thankful. I guess the pastor went around with a camera and each day took a picture of each of these three things! But I've been trying to do that. I'll keep you posted.

This week my permanent challenge is being sick!!!

No comments: