Saturday, May 3, 2008

It takes 21 days to form a habit...

SO, it's day 3 of healthier living and boy am I glad...ha ha ha. I had my last college class of the semester today and my teacher brought breakfast...bagels....and someone brought these AMAZING bars, kinda like cookie bars, and I almost refused because I thought they were cookies (Once I make one slip I'll freefall downhill!) So I ate around the chocolates. THANK GOD.

Working out has been tough - Brian is working with me and pushing me. I didn't realize how lazy I was when someone tried to motivate me. I usually work out alone and make deals with myself (Ok stop at 4 miles...ok just 20 more crunches...) but it's different when someone else is determining how much you should do! I'm sore all over. And loving it.

Is anyone else out there trying to live a healthier life? It's truly freeing. I know it's a lot to take on, so totally modify it for yourself (Anna, you baby mama! Keep Austin looking "healthy" ha ha!), but one or two changes in your lifestyle can really make a difference.

Topic of the day: drinks. Drinks are a HUGE killer of any diet. Why is that? Because we don't think of them as calories or fat. Yea, they may be fat free, but sugar and calories cling to your body. Think about juice for instance. 100 calories per serving, and serving sizes are usually only one cup! I'd bet that if I didn't think about it, I'd use 800 calories on drinks alone everyday! Juices are not the only vice. Coffee is great, but add sugar or get a grande white chocolate mocha and good luck. That could be about 400-500 calories! It's nuts! Alcoholic drinks are even worse. Clear drinks are the way to go. Hint hint, if a beer has a "lite" version, that means the original is NOT so lite! The book I mentioned, "Eat This Not That", details what's ok and not ok. Corona is apparently one of the worst beers for you...can you imagine how many coronas I sell at my restaurant!? It's so popular and about 150 calories per bottle. That's a TON. This is all inspiring me to make sure I am more conscious about what I put into my body.

Off to the gym...

1 comment:

xxxxx said...

ok so i am starting monday and getting the book tomorrow!