Monday, May 19, 2008

Back to school to prove to dad that I'm not a fool...

So it's another Monday. I had an amazing weekend, nothing spectacular, just plain nice. Friday night I visited a friend who made dinner and it was stupdendous. Then Saturday I worked at the restaurant and it was great to see all my friends. That night Brian and I went to dinner with our friends Drew and Sarah in Little Italy, and let me tell you, we're going to spend a lot of time down there in the summer! It was so nice, I never thought to go down there so late (9pm for dinner) but it was FUN! Sunday went had church and spent the rest of the day lounging and reading. Ha I had too many bananas which I thought were not ripe (Turns out they were prematurely browning...) so I thought, hmmm, I'll make banana pancakes! The whole time I sang the Jack Johnson song. I'm such a nerd. And adding cinnamon to the batter was a fabulous addition.

I am now GRADING tests for the NYSESLAT test. No biggy. Got called into the principal's office to discuss my preference sheet (Meaning what I would prefer to teach next year, what grade etc), and I was SO nervous! For absolutely no reason whatsoever. I just feel like my wonderful school is going to kick me out for having no experience :-) Trying to get over my fear.

My pastor made a great suggestion yesterday. He said so many people claim they're such prayers, but when you look at your life not a whole lot of time is donated to prayer. So he suggested focusing and praying for 10 minutes a day - 5 min in the morning, and 5 min at night. And I'm starting that today. Good suggestion. And I'm really excited because I've copied and pasted the Bible into my ipod (so far just Ephesians!) and it's a WAY more accessible way for me to read my Bible! Even if I have a book, I really hate reading it in the morning, I just want to relax, so I've been pounding out just a chapter or two and really trying to remember it, because that's what works for me. Some read a ton, some just one verse, I read two chapters or so. It's calming and really helps me get my mind right for the day at hand.

Working out today was TOUGH! I was tired, well, my body is just tired and sluggish today, so I forced it to act! :-) Only ran three miles but did a lot with weights. I can't do a long run inside, it has to be outside (A goal spot, turn around and run back etc...) so when it's questionable weather I only do about 3 miles. It's dissappointing but I'll try for more tomorrow. Last week was a 17 mile week! I tried to wake up Sunday to run but I kept falling back to sleep :-( So I'm way behind in running! GAH!

We'll see what this week holds...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sounds like you have a fun life! :)And even just running 3 miles is incredible in my eyes! :)