Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Airing dirty (running) laundry

First of all, Lambeau Puppy does this thing where he has one ear down and one ear up:My dad finds it endearing (In a Connecticutly sarcastic he's "my baby" kind of way). His ears never got clipped or pinned, and I love him for it. My name is Lambeau puppy, and the only thing clipped on me is my wee tail.

I was working with a student and found some hysterical #run inspiration. My student had to sort and match words and pictures with the same endings...check out the "run" photo. Holy '80's. Are those retro Keds?! But nice hair. Seriously.
Note: Photo was taken on my prep. Actual sorting was recreated. No phone usage during instructional time. EVER.

Today was laundry day. Hence my resorting to my "cut off" g to the hetto "crappy" running pants from Target:
Yes, I tried to cut my pants to hem them. I'm 5'2". These pants are clearly made for 5'6" and above. Did I mention my height is in my torso?! I ran 2 miles. Maybe it was the clothes, maybe it was because I was convinced by Mr. Miller, yet again, to sleep. Either way, it was the longest 2 miles of my life. Between doing laundry, walking Lambeau puppy, grocery shopping, folding said laundry and cooking dinner. Sigh. I skipped hot yoga. I'll live to downward dog another day...

My laundry is detailed below:
Why yes, that's all running clothes! Although several unmeantionables are not pictured, this is really all the laundry I needed to wash. My husbands was more basic and fundamental. Mine? Four long sleeve moisture wicking t's, three short sleeve moisture wicking t's, two moisture wicking pairs of running tights, one pair of moisture wicking short shorts, four pairs of moisture wicking socks, and a moisture wicking sports bra in a pear tree. Of course, that's not all of it, but I only had time for one load.

Inquiring minds are wondering: what is that Green Bay paper thing in a frame!? OH, right. We're shareholder owners now. go. PACK. Go! Can't wait for Sunday. PLAYOFFS.

Do you have any dirty laundry to air today? I hope you didn't need to resort to your "emergency only" running clothes. TELL ME ABOUT IT!

Running and Cross training my way because it's...
42 days until Cancun and Winter Polka Dot Bikini!!!
73 Days until the 13.1 NYC half marathon!!!

5 comments:

Corey Beth said...

I'm wearing my other half's pants because they fit and mine don't haha

Anonymous said...

Love your little puppy! So cute!

Also 73 Days!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I can't run together this weekend but what about the next??

Lyndsey said...

wish I had that much running gear! Run in yoga pants a lot! All I have and can't afford more running gear! Boo

Kristin W said...

Haha! The self-hemmed running pants cracked me up. I can certainly relate though at 5'2" as well.

Anonymous said...

So funny that you cut your pants! I'm the same height and HATE shopping for any type of pants..spring, summer and fall are my seasons because I can wear shorts or a skirt every day.