Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Two a Day Tuesday

Sometimes I feel like this: What sort of post would this be without a Lambeau Puppy picture?!

Today was not that day. I woke up at 5am for my 3.5 mile run, and felt dizzy. It passed, so I proceeded to complete my run. As I said on Twitter (@Mrsmillersmiles), "I only regret when I don't get my 5am run in. Today was not that day. NO REGRETS!" I did a decent 3.5 mile run and headed home.

After showering I got a serious dizzy spell; like I fell to the floor dizzy. It was really scary and took me about ten minutes to get back together and not have a spinning room. I called my mom and she diagnosed me (She's a nurse you know) with vertigo. She has it, all my sisters have dealt with it, so here I am. I hated it. My sisters have only had it a time or two, so that's good. I was a little off all day but pressed through work. Smart? Eh, well, if it was really an issue I would know when to throw in the towel...I think.

I went to Fit Body Pilates tonight. UH. Pain. I do NOT like backing down during a class or workout, and I had to back down a few times. My core is a bit of a stinker, and working it too hard makes me throw up nauseous. The instructor, oh, she's pregnant and kicked my rear end. Thanks. I have to make up a few classes before my Groupon expires Monday so I'll be tortured a bit more this week. I liked it. It made me feel #OpHardcoreFit!

Was today a good workout day? TELL ME ABOUT IT! Let's be honest, not every day is a two a day Tuesday. Did you fight through and do something good for your body today? Did you listen to your body and rest?

Running and Cross training my way because it's...
28 days until Cancun and Winter Polka Dot Bikini!!!...ONE MONTH!!!
59 Days until the 13.1 NYC half marathon!!!.

3 comments:

Christine said...

I got my butt kicked from my Run Less Run Faster workout on the treadmill today. And it felt awesome.

Bummer to hear about vertigo, I get that occasionally, but thankfully it hasn't interfered with my life too much- hopefully it will be the same for you!

Joanna said...

Good job on your run this morning. Question, do you run outdoors that early or do the treadmill? I want to run outside (I don't like the treadmill much) but I'm terrified because it's dark. Any advice for a lady runner would be great.

It's nice that your mom is a nurse and can help you when you have weird symptoms. Many of my aunts are nurses so it really helps. But like Christine said, bummer on the vertigo. Sounds crazy. Hope it stays under control.

Kim said...

YAY for moms! Be careful out there though if it keeps up.