Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The good, the bad, and the ugly of the weekend.

The good: Brunch Saturday afternoon was fabulous. I went with some teacher friends. Let's just say, there was a dj, some serious dancing, and I worked off my yummy brunch. I work with some pretty great dancers, er uh I mean teachers. (Shout out Ms. T, I know you're reading)

The good: Our friends invited us to be part of their wedding ceremony! Our other friend, Mr. A, is trying to become a minister to perform the ceremony. We'll see if it happens, but if it does...watch out married couples everywhere. Congrats Ms. K and Mr. S!

The good: I ran a fabulous 4 miles Sunday. It was fast and COLD (21 degrees). I think I'm a cold weather runner to the core.

The good: My playoffs outfit was CUTE! Football arm warmers, Lambeau Puppy Packer jersey'd up...gosh it was great. His friend Benji Puppy came to play in HIS Packer jersey too! I loved the texts etc exclaiming, "Oh, THAT'S why your dog is named Lambeau!" If you haven't heard, it's the Packers stadium name.
The good: Green and yellow football food! It was seriously a great spread. Love football food. LOVE. IT.
The bad: We lost. To the Giants. I live in NYC. However, you'll be proud to know that I purposely shake Giants fan's hands, congratulate them, and move on. No use in being a baby; they beat us like we stole something.

The ugly: I put all our Packers party gear in storage. Sigh. So sad.
There is a mixed label for what comes next.

The happy: Having breakfast with my nephew E1 (3 1/2) and niece E2 (1 1/2). Yes, they both have names with E. Challenging for blogging initials...
The yummy: Chocolate milk and chocolate chip pancakes!
The funny: Chocolate chip pancakes FACE!
The cute: "Yambo, kisses!" E2 loves to get kisses. Lambeau puppy gives them...willingly. He doesn't like being chased, but he sure does love a taste of E2 babe.

The sad, yet not so sad. My sister, her husband, and two of the cutest kids beginning with the letter E whom I refer to as "my babalas", moved to California today. Yes, that's far away. Yes, my kiddos are far away. Yes I have Skype. Yes I am excited for their new opportunities. No, I'm not happy that CA is far away. No, I'm not happy my kiddos are far away. However, I have to focus on the positives (Skype and new opportunities of course). I love them so much. I miss them already. I won't see them until JUNE...a great month for me anyway. It will become anexceptional month with their visit.

Mr. & Mrs. Waite, E1 and E2: We pray that you will have a smooth transitions, lots of new friends, and a great community to surround you as you settle! But Remember: No one replaces Aunty Kristin.

Did I mention a certain RYAN HALL goes to the church they'll be going to? Jealous.

Running and Cross training my way because it's...
35 days until Cancun and Winter Polka Dot Bikini!!!
66 Days until the 13.1 NYC half marathon!!!

3 comments:

Kels said...

awwwwww so so cute! :)

Joanna said...

Lots of goods! I love spending time with my teacher friends, too. Nothing like hanging out with people who understand you. It's always funny to see them let loose.

Your neice and nephew are adorable.They are at such a cute age. Thank God for Skype. I facetime with mine a lot and it's nice to have something that keeps you connected.

Kim said...

Green and yellow food. Too cute. Chocolate chip pancakes. Yumm!