Monday, January 23, 2012

Glad Game Monday II

Do I look glad?No. I do not.

Let's just say, today's run was painful. Also, I posted the WORST. POSSIBLE. PHOTO. OF. MYSELF. Yup, it's all glad here! I had to run 5 miles. Skipped it Saturday: was feeling lazy and tired with all the snow. Skipped it Sunday: got a massive headache that lasted until early evening. Today was the day. No excuses. So what went wrong?

Everything tried to keep me from running today. I opted to sleep in this morning because of my Sunday headache. Extra rest can only help. I got home in record time; 3:30! Now, getting "home" means I drive by my house. Walking into my door means I found parking. This often takes 5 minutes, 10 minutes on a bad day. Today? 25 minutes. Something was wrong with the lights around my block, and I was waiting through 2-3 turns of each light as I tried to find parking. Frustrated? UNDERSTATEMENT. I also wanted to run outside in the 45 degree weather. However, it was raining, so since my classroom was, oh, 35 degrees all day and I couldn't feel my feet, I figured the gym was a smarter choice.

The gym was NOT a smarter choice. I waited 10 minutes for a treadmill. I think I actually had a slight panic attack. People walking at a 3.0 or less...no incline...talking on the phone. TRIPLE UGH. A girl walked by me, and seeing my panicky look said, "I wish these January people would go home! Where were they in June?!" Say it girl. Loud and proud.

I made it 4 miles on the treadmill. Remember how I said it was 35 degrees in my classroom, and 45 degrees outside? Oh, well, thank goodness the gym was 85 degrees. I almost fainted, drank an insane amount of water, and still felt light headed. I finally gave up and ran the last mile outside; hence the horrible "I ran in a stinky hot gym and reverted back to outdoor rain running in the end" picture.

SO. It's GLAD GAME MONDAY! I don't want it to be, but that's the point of it. Here. we. GO!

I'm glad that iPod knows best. When "Now that that that that don't kill me, can only make me stronger..." comes on when you begin running in the rain after a disaster gym run, you go with it. When "Don't Stop believing..." comes on toward the end of your rainy run, you feel like you're being filmed in an underdog running movie. Hold on to that feeling...

I'm glad it finally SNOWED! I love snow. And all the chaos it causes.

I'm glad that we give to charity. I've loved getting our tax information in from all sorts of charity outlets. Mr. Miller and I make that a priority in our finances. This makes me very glad.

I'm glad my dad knows how to use a cell phone. We pretty much talk everyday, and it's hilarious. On another note, he can also text. This is THOROUGHLY entertaining, and always read out loud during Packers games.

I'm glad the Giants won. Being gracious. It still hurts. A lot. GO PACK GO!

I'm glad for Sharpies. Teacher here. They're awesome. And permanent. And multi colored!

I'm glad I ran today. It was incredibly difficult, but Operation Hardcore Fit has definitely pushed me to be, well, more hardcore! Join if you're searching for motivation to get past the January glitz and glam and kick some serious exercise rear end in February and beyond

WHAT ARE YOU GLAD ABOUT?! Tell me about it! The good, the glad, and maybe a little Monday ugly too ;-)

Running and Cross training my way because it's...
29 days until Cancun and Winter Polka Dot Bikini!!!...ONE MONTH!!!
60 Days until the 13.1 NYC half marathon!!!.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Eew, that sounds like a pretty rough time for just 5 miles. Nice perseverance!!