Thursday, October 11, 2012

Marathon Musings: 3 weeks out

I've been thinking just a LITTLE bit about a certain marathon. Oh my gosh. It feels like yesterday I said, "Oh, we're in the 50's in the countdown!" Suddenly, it's days away. It's time to trust my training. Trust my hard work. Trust my outfits. Trust my 20 miler on Saturday. It's time to TRUST. It's time to Google for some 26.2 inspiration: 






Marathon thoughts I've been having include:
- Will I hit the wall this time?!
- Will the weather be nice?!
- Will I meet my goal?!

It's all out of my hands. I've done the training. I can't control the weather. My goal is established, but it is to be determined by the actual race day.I trust in God to carry me through any circumstance. 

I keep going back to a quote I added to a post I wrote when approaching last year's marathon. It happens to be one of my favorite posts I've ever written! This quote keeps reminding me: festering and fretting keeps you from enjoying the time leading up to the big moment.

"Thinking too much about what happened, and what is about to happen, will wear you down. Live in the moment and take it on step at a time."
- Seal Team Six by Howard E. Wasdin and Stephen Templin

23 days until the ING NYC MARATHON!!!

3 comments:

Ed said...

That is a great quote! If that is going to help you break through that wall maybe you should write it on the back of your hand for the run!

Jocelyn said...

I think we are ALL asking ourselves those three questions!

Suz and Allan said...

Can't believe your big race is almost here!